In 2006, we moved into our building in the Arts District. Formerly a one-engine firehouse built in 1923, it was a non-profit arts association/gallery that chose us as the keepers of their legacy in the arts. In addition to being part of the Arts District community of galleries, we’re also the last property on the edge of the Martha’s Vineyard Camp Meeting Association – the Camp Ground, as locals call it. We’re proud to be part of both communities.
In the 10 years we’ve been here, we’ve fully gutted and renovated the building, had the asphalt out front removed (where the fire engines drove), and had a beautiful front lawn and garden created. Our garden has won many local awards, and is expertly maintained by Working Earth. During the Arts District Strolls, our gallery and lawn are full of people enjoying all this neighborhood has to offer.